(P1) Complete Outage / Significant Traffic Impact
“Emergency situation; critical impact”
- Whole website is unresponsive
- Or significant proportion of traffic to whole domain is impacted, eg:
- 20%+ of audience cannot access the site at all,
- or a whole browser type (ie Internet Explorer) is not working on the homepage,
- or a proportion of servers and hence traffic are not responding)
- no lead forms are responding
- Significant business impact – end users of the site WILL be noticing in large numbers
- Lead volumes will likely be significantly (~50%+ impacted)
P1s are immediately notified to all senior hands – via monitored internal emergency response channels – they will receive out of hours service and we will make all reasonable efforts to reach / recall teams.
(P2) Partial Outage / Sub Functionality Failure
“Severe failure; whole sub section of site failing completely, no work-around possible”
- A complete sub section of website is unresponsive
- Eg Property search not returning any results
- Branch search no returning any search
- Property detail pages not responding in aggregate
- All content pages not responding
- A significant proportion of lead forms (a major type, or 20%+ by volume)
- Or images not serving across the site, or across properties or property search
- Or significant, top level navigation not working
- A reasonable proportion of traffic to overall domain is impacted (eg 10%-50% of audience cannot fully access the site)
- Significant business impact – end users of the site WILL be noticing in reasonably large numbers, lead volumes will be significantly impacted >20% impact
P2s are immediately notified to all senior hands – via monitored internal emergency response channels – they will likely receive out of hours service and we will make all reasonable efforts to reach / recall teams.
(P3) Sub Functionality Partial Outage / Performance Issue
“Functionality of a sub area of site affected; otherwise operational”
- A sub section of website is not responding or functioning correctly
- Eg type classification on property filters not working
- Images not working on a lower proportion (~<20% of properties)
- Content pages are responding, but images or text is not properly presented in some way, systematically across all articles
- Search is not fully functional on some categories of browsers, or some screen resolutions
- Branch search is returning, but not filtering correctly
- Properties are responding, but not all information is showing up correctly
- Feeds are not updating correctly – 90% of property inventory is fine, but some systematic problem is leading to some types of properties not searching correctly, or appearing.
- Minor navigation (sub navigation) issues are occuring.
- Or site is functioning, but speed performance is significantly, but not fatally, slow: >12s.
- Issues impacting <5% of traffic in total – will likely be P3
- Some business impact – end users of the site WILL be noticing in some numbers, but the majority of site visitors will not be impacted in their question or journey by the issue.
P3s are reviewed daily – work can be scheduled in normal business hours and expected to trump regular sprint planned development.
(P4) Minor Production Issue
“Minor fault; generally fully operational”
- A minor, but nonetheless performance impeding, error is occuring on the site,eg:
- A low level filter is not working correctly
- Very small (<2%) volumes of properties are impacted by a problem
- Minor conversion faults impeding lead flow is sub areas of the site (<5% conversion impact in that area)
- Minor navigation errors, in sub areas of the site
- Individual photos, or assets are missing
- Issues impacting <1% of total traffic will likely be P4
- Minor business impact – end users of the site WILL be noticing in some numbers, but the majority of site visitors will not be impacted in their question or journey by the issue.
P4s are reviewed daily, separately from forward moving development – and are inserted into the current sprint planned development to skip scheduling, however they will not be expected to trump the current sprint order.