Google reviews are believed to influence the position of estate agencies in the organic search listings and the Google ‘local pack’ – the results shown just below the ads, opposite a map.
Here’s how to give your customers a link so that they can click straight through to leave a Google review. At the time of writing, this process works, but if you get stuck, just get in touch and we’ll give you a hand. You’ll need to repeat this process to get a link for each of your branches.
Step-by-Step Guide to managing Google Reviews
- If you don’t already have it, first create a Google My Business account for your agency, and verify the address of each branch.
- Open a tab in Google Chrome in Incognito mode. Incognito ensures your Google account doesn’t become part of the URL that you send out to clients.
- Go to google.co.uk
- Search for your branch exactly as it appears on your Google My Business listing. Your office details should show up on the right-hand side of the search page.
- Click on ‘Write a review’. A pop-up window will appear on the screen.
- Click on the address bar and copy the URL. This will be a long URL – here’s ours (Yes, we should take our own advice and get some more reviews – please feel free to leave us one!)
- You can always shorten this to something more manageable using the free Google URL shortener, or simply use the link like this: ‘We’d really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a Google Review’
We’re happy to help with any aspect of your Google profile – whether you need to fix your SEO, Pay-Per-Click advertising, or Google Reviews. Just contact us for more information.
We also have a step-by-step guide to managing Facebook Reviews, or our 4 step guide to protecting your estate agency’s online reputation.